It can sometimes be hard to hire a new employee. It can be even harder to hire a new employee who is great with your customers. No matter the role, once you’ve found someone you think is a good fit, you should feel confident the person knows how to handle customer service situations. Here are just a few of the customer service interview questions we asked when hiring people when we owned a spin studio.
Open ended customer service interview questions
- Do you work well with people?
- What do you consider customer service to be about?
- What do you consider to be excellent customer service?
- Why do our customers choose us over our competitors?
- When it comes to speaking with customers, what do you think is your greatest strength?
- What is more important – a great product or friendly and fast service?
Scenario-based outbound customer service interview questions
- A customer hasn’t paid their member dues in 2 months, what would you do?
- You observe a coworker being rude to a customer, what would you do?
- Our system for booking classes is down for maintenance, what would you say to customers?
- A customer hurts themselves using one of our machines, what would you do?
- A customer starts raising their voice in front of other customers, what would you do?
- A customer throws up during a group class, what would you do?
Scenario-based inbound customer service interview questions
- A customer wants to pay for their membership with a check, do you accept it?
- A customer walks in just before closing with a complaint, what would you do?
- A customer says someone stole their personal item, what would you do?
- A customer complains about the cleanliness of our equipment, what would you do?
- A customer wants a partial refund with 1 week left in the month, what would you do?
- A customer becomes upset and demands to talk with your manager. How do you handle the situation?
If you liked this collection of customer service interview questions, then check out this list of the 5 customer service skills every fitness business needs to be a success. You might also sign up for our monthly email with new insights and interviews.